The Sunday after

 I sit here today as I try to ponder on the inner workings of my mind on this silent afternoon, the Sunday after my escapades. It is something I often do after a long bout of extroverted-ness, my chronic condition of expanding more energy than I would care to on various musings of life. So much has happened in the past three weeks, but most of it too private to tell-tale on a public blog.  But know this: there's a bitter coffee to my right, just within reach, and then the ever pervasive sound of the ceiling fan running as my mind tries to count its rotations with accuracy. I sit donning a jade shalwar kameez, buttons of the sleeves in place, back straight as it soothes the pain, I am back in the confines of sunny equatorial Lahore, the city of gardens, home to guardrails of the Punjab.  I am reminded, suddenly and somberly of my grandfather, typing as I typed, with both hands on his keyboard, fingers pushing buttons, the learnings of his typewriter days being translated to the memo

Can recycled roads cause heart attacks ?

You read a headline that says "Road made completely of recycled plastic" and you think this is great for the environment. They're cleaning up plastic waste and reusing it, until you realize the abrasion and wear from vehicles and the weather causes microplastics to spread into the environment at an accelerated pace.


Microplastics will stick to the tyre and go as far as the car can take them, think of a bee carrying pollen from a flower, rain water will cause the upended plastic to seep into the soil -> from the soil to your food -> to the food of the animal that becomes our food -> to our bodies and so on. Then diseases that you cant identify that seem to emerge seemingly without cause. But there is cause, the only thing that you can count on in this world is that there is certain cause and effect.


Over the years Ive come to question everything, even seemingly innocent headlines about recycling 


- microplastics 100x what we thought before, in plastic water bottles 
- Study shows heart plaque composition contains 1/4 ratio of microplastics 
- Microplastics found in proteins and alternative meat




Picture cc: oceanconservatory.com



-- All writings are a thought in progress, and may be expanded upon -- 
- All writings are my own, nothing is generated by AI -

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learnings - From working in a SaaS corporate to SaaS start-up

As Old as Time itself - گور کن

Internal Convolution